Our rides have 3 categories: expected average pace, distance, and terrain. Pace is designated A - D, with A being the fasted and D being the slowest. Terrain is designated 1 - 5, with 1 being the flattest and 5 being the hilliest.
· Pace indicates average upon completion of ride. Riders should be able to maintain the pace for the entire distance of the ride.
· Pace may vary during ride, depending on terrain.
· A: 18+ mph
· B+: 16-18 mph
· B: 14-16 mph
· C+: 12-14 mph
· C: 10-12 mph
· D: under 10 mph
· 1: Primarily flat; occasional rolling hills
· 2: Moderate rolling hills
· 3: Mostly rolling hills
· 4: Hilly with one or more steep climbs
· 5: Consistently hilly with several steep climbs
For example, a ride rated B57-T4 would be a 57 mile ride with significant hills, which will be led at a pace between 14-16 miles per hour.