Mark your calendars, the Spring Fling will be held on April 22nd! More details will be released as we get closer to the event.
The next meeting will be on 1/18/17 at McCabe & Mack at 7:00PM. Skype will be available to call into if you would like to join (Skype name: mhbc.vp).
During this meeting we will be voting on two constitutional changes. These changes are outlined below.
The first change is to remove any mention of the price of membership from the constitution. The second change makes the membership period reflect a calendar year. Please see link below to access the old and the new constitution on the website. For a limited time they will not need a password to be accessed.
During the 2017 year, the board is committed to reviewing the constitution.
“Section 7: MEMBERSHIP Annual dues for an active MHBC membership are $20.”
Section 7: MEMBERSHIP
The membership period of the Club shall commence on March 1st of a calendar year and extend until March 31st of the following calendar year. Memberships received after September 1 will be valid for the following year.
The membership period of the Club shall commence from January 1st of a calendar year and extend until December 31st of the same calendar year.
We are excited to announce that the MHBC has created an online store. The store will allow the purchase of memberships online with no additional processing fee for the member! In the future, we will use the online store for selling items like t shirts and jerseys.
The Mid Hudson Bicycle Club is increasing the price of the family membership to $25. This price increase will cover the additional insurance fee's incurred by a family membership.
We will still be accepting mailed in membership forms, but we highly recommend that members take advantage of the store. The store allows members to opt in to the MHBC email distribution list and saves members the cost of the stamp and check they would use to send the form to the P.O. Box. Online sign-ups are much more manageable for club officers to track than checks sent to the PO Box so, to the extent practicable, we request that you sign up online if you are able.
The 2017 mail in form will be available in early 2017.
November 12, 2016 10:00AM Ride D16, C23 or B28 miles through the Rondout Valley of Ulster Co.
The O&W Marbletown Rail Trail is near by for anyone who wants off road riding. Start: High Falls Fire House, Fire House Road, 12440.
There will be a Pot Luck lunch after the riding. Please bring a dish to share. Paper plates and plastic utensils will be provided.
Stove and refrigerator will be available to heat or cool food.
If the weather is terrible and rides are cancelled we will have lunch and the election of club officers for 2017 beginning at 12noon.
Any questions contact Bill Miller at 845 657-9764 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
MHBC Board Meeting Wednesday 10/19/16 at 7 PM.
Location: McCabe & Mack, 63 Washington St, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Please park where you would like and proceed to the door facing the parking lot. Please call (845)-204-8332 if have issues getting in the building.
If you would like to join the meeting remotely, please send a friend request to MHBC.VP on Skype. If already a friend, call to be connected.
The summer picnic is approaching quickly. Remember to mark your calendars for 7/23!
The ride will start at 9:30am.
Please arrive 15 minutes early to check in. Routes will be posted on facebook before the event. Lunch will be at 12:30. Pizza, salads, and beverages with be provided by the club. For information or to volunteer contact Debbie Glazer at email@example.com or 917-287-2300.
To make it easier to take part in the MHBC board meetings, we will be offering a Skype line to connect into to listen to the meeting.
To be able to listen in, send a message and invite to MHBC.VP. Then during scheduled meetings please send a message to be added to the call.
Sunday, June 26, 2016
Where: Forsyth Park, 157 Lucas Avenue, Kingston NY 12401. Parking is at Dietz Stadium, 170 North Front Street, Kingston NY
When: Sunday June 26, 2016. Registration opens at 8am, rides depart at 9am (25, 28 and 50 mile rides), 10am (10 and 18 trail rides) and 11am (FREE Family ride - details below).
What: The 11th Annual Tour De Kingston offers bike rides for all abilities and interests.
• The 5-Mile Family Ride is FREE and makes a loop of Uptown and Midtown Kingston attractions. The ride is perfect for beginning riders and children, as the route is flat and the pace is kept slow.
• The 10 mile rail trail ride is an out-and-back route that makes use the paved Hurley Rail Trail. The trail is flat, so beginners and older youth will find it enjoyable. Riders can go as far as they want and then return by the same route. At the 5-mile mark there will be a rest stop with water.
• The 18 mile rail trail ride follows the paved section of Hurley Rail Trail and continues on to its unpaved section and the unpaved Town of Marbletown Rail Trail. Riders can go as far as they want and then return by the same route. At the 9-mile turnaround there will be a rest stop with water and snacks. This ride is for intermediate riders and due to the dirt sections, a mountain or hybrid bike is recommended.
• The 25 Mile Road Ride travels along scenic back roads and includes some rolling hills and a rest stop at about the 12-mile mark. This ride is suitable for intermediate riders. Hybrid or road bikes are recommended.
• The 50 Mile Road Ride features steep hills on narrow roads in remote parts of Ulster County. This is a challenging ride for experienced road cyclists.
• The 28 Mile Road and Trail “Endurance Ride” uses the Hurley, Marbletown and Wallkill Valley rail trails, some single track and road sections to challenge the fittest and most adventurous bike riders. There are no rest stops and you will be self-supporting for many parts of the route. This ride is recommended for experienced bikers. Mountain, Hybrid, Cyclocross or Fat bikes are recommended.
• Refreshments are provided at the start and at designated TDK rest stops. On return to Forsyth Park, all riders are invited to stay for the BBQ cookout, raffle drawing and scholarship awards ceremony.
Why: It’s your chance to see the historic, cultural and scenic attractions of Kingston and Ulster County. The rides use low-traffic back roads and the extensive rail trail network to let you explore what Ulster County has to offer. And as you ride, you will be helping to support the YMCA, the HealthAlliance Foundation and the Tour De Kingston Community Scholarship Fund.
How: Register online at www.TourDeKingston.com or pick up a registration form at your local bike shop. There is no registration fee for the 5-Mile Family ride, but we encourage you to sign up online. Advance registration for all other rides: $30 for individuals and $50 for couples/families. Day-of event registration: $50 for all riders. There is no charge on the day of the event for the 5-Mile Family Ride; it is a FREE ride.
All proceeds benefit Tour de Kingston Community Scholarships, the YMCA of Kingston and Ulster County and the HealthAlliance Foundation.
www.TourDeKingston.com • www.Facebook.com/tourdekingston
For more information, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The annual Spring Fling is happening this Saturday! We will be accepting membership at this event! I hope to see everyone there!
" Ride leaders: We still need everyone to lead rides, but there will no longer be ride coordinators. Ride leaders can post their rides directly to the website. The password for the calendar is sent out when registering through BikeReg. If you paid by check, please use the contact form on the site requesting the password."
When: Saturday, April 30
Where: Rhinebeck Reformed Church, Rhinebeck
C &B rides leave @9:30
D ride leaves @ 10
Arrive a few minutes early for sign in.
Potluck lunch to follow @ 12:30 with club business meeting. Bring a salad, main dish or dessert to share. Club will provide drinks.
Volunteers needed for set up and sign In. We also are looking for any non rider volunteers to help with the lunch.
For more information contact Barbare Alstadt ( email@example.com )or Gail Thornton (firstname.lastname@example.org)
When: March 19, 2016
Where: Cosimo’s Trattoria, 120 Delafield Street, Poughkeepsie, NY. We will be in a private room.
Cost: $39.85, family style, including tax and gratuity,
Reserve by March 13 by check payable to MHBC for $39.85 per person. (Sorry no refunds after this date.)
Please note all the names of the people attending in your party.
Mail the check to Freeds, 4 Stokes Lane, Gardiner, NY. 12525
Socializing 6:00 P.M., Dinner 6:30 followed by the program (All are invited to the business meeting at 4:30.)
For questions contact Fred and Pam at 845-255-7535 or email@example.com.
Or you can use the link below to sign up now!